1 Package of Puff Pastry Dough - 2 Sheets
¾ lb. Lean Ground Beef
2 T. Jim’s Wings Hot Sauce
½ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 T. Tomato Paste
½ Yellow Onion Diced
1 Garlic Clove Minced
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1 T. Avocado Oil
1 Egg + 1 T. Water
Makes about 18 Empanadas
- Heat medium sized pan and sauté onion in oil until translucent. Add ground beef and break meat down as it cooks.
- After meat is cooked, drain meat and return to pan. Add garlic and tomato paste. Cook until fragrant and add in Jim’s Wings Hot Sauce
- Remove meat and mix with cheese in a medium size bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or according to pastry directions. Roll pastry dough out about 1 foot by 1 foot.
- Cut circles roughly 3 inches in diameter. Place a tablespoon of the mix in the center of the dough.
- Mix egg and water in a small bowl and brush the egg wash around the edges of the dough. Fold dough over and crimp edges with a fork.
- Place empanadas on a lightly greased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake according to directions or until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream or chimichurri and enjoy!