1 lb. Ground Turkey
¼ Cup Breadcrumbs or Ground Club Crackers
½ Small Sweet Onion - Diced
¼ Cup Red Onion - Sliced
8 oz. Sliced Mozzarella
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1 T. Yellow Mustard
1 T. Ketchup
2 T. + 1 tsp. Agave Nectar or Honey
2 T. Jim’s Wings’ Hot Sauce
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. Chili Garlic Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Salt & Pepper
1 tsp. Juice from Banana Peppers
1 Cup Banana Peppers
4 Hoagie Rolls
1 T. Canola Oil
Serving Size: 4
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, 1 teaspoon Agave nectar, banana pepper juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce.
3. Roll into meatballs with a diameter of 1 1/2 -2 inches. Makes about 8.
4. Heat canola oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Once it’s sizzling, add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
5. Transfer meatballs to an oven safe dish and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 15 minutes.
6. In the same saucepan, add sweet onions to oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt.
7. Cook onions for about 10 minutes until they are caramelized.
8. Add agave nectar, hot sauce, dijon and yellow mustard, chili garlic sauce, and minced garlic. Bring to a light simmer for another 10 minutes.
9. Blend sauce with an immersion blender. If using a blender, pulse slowly due to temperature of the sauce.
10. Take out meatballs and transfer to sauce.
11. Slice hoagie rolls and cut meatballs in half.
12. Place meatballs on roll, top with mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven until cheese is melted. About four meatball halves will fit.
13. Top with banana peppers and slice red onions. Enjoy!